Softigel develops and manufactures soft gelatin (softgel) capsules, advanced drug delivery technologies, nutritional supplements, veterinary, cosmetic and pharmaceutical products.
Softgels are an effective delivery system for oral drugs, especially those with low solubility and permeability (BCS classes II, III and IV).
We are Procaps’ stategic business division for contract manufacturing services.
Procaps is a pharmaceutical group dedicated to delivering innovation, health and nutrition, a leading marketer of advanced softgel technologies. With major production facilities in Colombia, Brazil, Venezuela and El Salvador, Procaps employs more than 5,000 people across 13 countries, and develops products for customers in more than 50 countries worldwide.
With deep knowledge of gelatin formulation and scientific expertise, Procaps has developed innovative softgel-associated technologies such as Unigel™, Versagels™, G-tabs™ and Gummygels™, with more than 650 softgel formulations, partnering with big pharma players, generic companies in high regulated markets and start-up companies. It works hand-in-hand with customers to develop products that exceed their expectations.
Over the past 40 years, Procaps has built a compelling offering of advanced gelatin related technologies that has enabled them to help customers expand their products around the world and become leaders in the markets they participate in.
At Softigel, we offer more than the traditional softgel technology, we offer everything from a single unit dosage form, to multiple delivery systems in a single dose, including:
• Novel technofixed-doseixed dose combinations – Unigel™
• Chewable Capsules – Chewgels™
• Soft capsules free from animal derivatives – Versagels™
• Gelatin coated tablets – G-Tabs™
• Twist-off capsules
• Omega-3 high concentrates
• Prefilled syringes
• Hard gel capsules
Our seven cutting-edge facilities house a fully integrated product development services (PDS) unit, which covers all product lifecycle phases from early development to commercialisation in the same plant, using equipment replication from lab-scale, through small scale good manufacturing practice (GMP) batches, until full scale commercial GMP.
A key factor in our market success is our research and development (R&D) department, a team that is constantly working on the development of advanced formulas and innovative pharmaceutical technologies.
Procaps develops more than 50 new pharmaceutical, nutritional, cosmetics and veterinary products every year, all based on global industry trends and needs.
Softigel holds a number of quality certifications, including:
• EU GMP from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
• The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
• Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in Australia
• ISO 9001
• Health Canada
• The National Administration of Medicines, Food and Medical Technology (ANMAT) of Argentina
• Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency (ANVISA)
• Ministry of Health (MOH)
• Colombian Agriculture Institute (ICA)
• HALAL certified gelatin
• United Arab Emirates Ministry of Health (UAE MoH)
• Cofepris (Mexico)
• Organic Certified (Gummies Facility)FDA (Philippines)