PathXL EQA supports a range of online quality assurance programs in pathology, local, regional, national and international, enabling virtual distribution of high quality whole slide scans to EQA participants, removing the need for posting/shipping glass slides, as well as management of EQA participants and their access to slide sets.
- High resolution scanning of EQA slide materials for archiving and distribution
- Virtual distribution of high quality whole slide scans to EQA participants, removing the need for posting/shipping glass slides
- Gather and store results centrally, eliminating the need for paperwork
- Great for small samples where numerous tissue sections cannot be taken. One section, one scan, multiple participants viewing exactly the same slide.
- Web-based access, platform independent, no software to download
- Management of EQA participants and their access to slide sets; permissions, restricted visibility to EQA programmes participants have registered for, time limited access to EQA slides and diagnostic poll
- Users access the slides and answer poll/questions or select diagnostic option on-line via dedicated PathXL interface. The user can see and move around the slide and answer questions in same field of view.
- User can answer and submit questions on-line: no paper filling, postage of results, sending glass slides on to next participant, etc.
- Results are all stored centrally on PathXL server for each case, each participant, each laboratory, etc. No paperwork to collate and analyse is needed
- PathXL can manage complete EQA programmes on behalf of client
PathXL® Digital Pathology Workflow (DPW) provides fast and reliable workflow management software for routine digital case assembly, quality assurance, case assignment, primary review, referrals, reporting, and requests for Image Analysis and archiving.
- Automates and streamlines the management and control of virtual slides. Reduces the time, costs and risks associated with logistics, administration and paperwork
- Supports the diagnostic pathology process intuitively and sympathetically. E.g. digital slides can be assembled with clinical information and assigned to pathologists’ digital in-trays; second opinions can be requested at the click of a mouse
- Provides instant and secure web-based access to all participants. Facilitates remote slide reading, consultation, second opinion and MDT
- Easy and inexpensive to configure and integrate with existing systems. The workflow can be implemented and tailored to local needs very quickly, without the long delays and high costs of many alternative technologies
- Full range of pathologist friendly functionality. Pathologist can review case history, case load, search and filter cases, review digital slides in powerful viewer and generate structured and unstructured reports
PathXL Visiopharm Image Analysis
PathXL Visiopharm Image Analysis is a powerful integrated system developed by two leading global software companies, PathXL and Visiopharm. PathXL Image Analysis is a web-enabled solution that allows users to select images for analysis directly from PathXL and chose the analysis method in the Visiopharm Software.
Can also be used in Research sectors. The integration between Visiopharm technologies and the PathXL system is an important step towards optimising digital pathology research workflows and manual and automated analysis.
- Focus directly on analysis of cells in tissue: nuclei, membrane, and cytoplasm
- Leading-edge algorithms for detection of all three compartments
- Allows users to control detection through simple manual control of sensitivity (positive, negative, membrane), size (positive, negative, cytoplasm)
- Create different levels of positivity
- Easy definition of endpoints
- Work in true stain-space
- White-box system allows the user to translate biological knowledge into algorithms.
- Freedom to create new end-point variables.
- Possible to post-process to ‘clean up’ classification.
- Computation can be de-centralised, e.g. the computational requirements are limited and the software can run even on laptops.
- Possible to analyse at the exact magnification necessary to the application.
- Low magnification analysis will enable automated ROI detection