The Mimetix® 96-well plate, our highly consistent and easy-to-use 3D platform, holds great promise to reduce the number of costly drug failures in clinical trials by enabling more realistic tumour and toxicology models.
It is designed to be easy-to-use and compatible with industry standard automated handling and imaging equipment. It has been validated with a number of primary cells and cell lines, including breast cancer cells and hepatocytes, and supports highly consistent cell performance in 3D.
- True 3D environment rather than a roughened 2D surface
- Minimal protocol adaption required to switch from 2D to 3D
- Compatible with industry-standard automated handling and imaging equipment
- High batch-to-batch consistency
- Material: medical-grade poly-L-lactide (PLLA), FDA-approved
- Scaffold thickness: 50μm
- Available fibre diameters: 2μm and 4μm (corresponding to pore sizes of 10-18μm and 19-31μm)
- Overall porosity: app. 80%
- Non-biodegradable in in vitro applications
- Supplied with lid
- Compatible with fluorescent and light microscopy
Usage and handling of well-plate
- Supplied gamma-irradiated in individually-sealed plastic wrapping
- Scaffolds can be coated with materials to facilitate cell adhesion in low serum conditions
- Cells can be removed from the Mimetix® scaffold by trypsinisation and gentle agitation
Click here for more information.