Scientists at LGC are highly skilled in the accurate quantification of trace elements in challenging matrices. In addition to carrying out the analyis for clients in our own laboratories we also develop and validate methods for transfer to client's laboratories. Our expertise in this area, combined with an array of modern technologies and detailed knowledge of regulatory issues in the pharmaceutical sector, makes LGC your ideal partner.
Typical technologies include, but are not limited to:
Advanced sample preparation
- Solvent extraction including ASE (Automated Solvent Extraction), Soxhlet and Soxtect;
- Solid phase extraction
Advanced separation science
Separation with full range of detection
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) coupled to UV, light scattering;
- Gas chromatography (GC) with either Flame Ionisation (FID) Nitrogen Phosphorus (NPD) or Electron Capture (ECD) detection
- Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) coupled to UV, Fluorescence.
Separation with mass spectrometry detection
- LC-MS, LC-MS-MS, LC-MS n
High resolution separations of complex matrices
- 2D GC Time-of-Flight Mass Spectrometry
- 2D LC-MS-MS
Characterisation of high molecular weight compounds and polymers
- Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC)
Quantification of elements to trace levels
- Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP) with Optical Emission Spectroscopy and MS detection, Atomic Absorption, X-ray Fluorescence.
Speciation of metal complexes
High accuracy quantification of metals
- CHN, Low level N, S and Cl.
Measurement of ions in solution
- Electrochemical methods
- Ion chromatography