Memory platform for cognitive deficits and glutamate/GABA imbalance.
The first operational service offered to pharma and biotech partners is directed towards drug candidates and mechanisms involved in learning and memory.
It uses Rhenovia’s first generic platform that:
- Integrates molecular mechanisms present at glutamatergic synapses in field CA1 of hippocampus (see Science & Technology)
- Addresses cognitive deficits occurring in Alzheimer’s disease, schizophrenia and most NS diseases
- Is generally applicable to phenomena of recovery and repair from neurodegeneration
By extension, this service is applicable to drug candidates and discovery processes involving:
- Pathologies linked to abnormal glutamatergic transmission such as in epilepsy
- Pathologies linked to hyperactive glutamatergic transmission such as in stroke
- Side effect profiling of drug candidates producing abnormal glutamatergic transmission