Almac is a group of established businesses at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. It is recognised as a global knowledge-based leader for the research, development and delivery of pharmaceutical services.
The company provides a large range of integrated contract pharmaceutical development and manufacturing services that range from research through to full commercialisation.
Almac Group’s services include:
• Diagnostics and pre-clinical biomarker discovery through to full companion diagnostic development and clinical test delivery from Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) lab
• Active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) services and chemical development for all stages of drug development, including small molecules, potent and cytotoxic compounds and peptides
• Pharmaceutical development for optimising clinical candidates and manufacturing drug product for all phases of clinical trial supply
• Analytical services delivering comprehensive solutions supporting drug substance and product development programmes
• Clinical services such as designing and providing blinding, packaging and logistics services for global clinical trials; incorporating leading technologies; and efficient solutions through experienced supply chain management
• Clinical technologies providing randomisation and trial supply management, electronic clinical outcome assessments (eCOA), patient alerts and reminders, data integration and biostatistical consulting services
• Commercial services providing commercial manufacturing and packaging solutions and supporting commercial product launch
Almac Group has experience in all phases of development, including:
• Phase I
• Phase II
• Phase III
• Phase IV
Almac Group is an international company that is privately owned and has organically grown for more than 40 years, employing in excess of 4,500 highly skilled personnel.
The company is headquartered in Craigavon, Northern Ireland, and has operations in Ireland, the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan). Almac Group’s global employee base ensures all projects are handled as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Almac combines global reach with local expertise to provide expert, innovative and high-quality service to more than 600 pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide. With 60 depots around the world including China, India, Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Russia and Canada, Almac Group also offers expert global distribution capabilities.
Almac Group understands each individual client’s needs are unique and prides itself on adapting its services.
The Group partners with a diverse customer base, including pharmaceutical, biotech, contract research organisations (CRO), academia and virtual organisations guaranteeing the stability of the company and building greater expertise and experience.
In addition, it possesses a wealth of experience across all therapeutic areas, including oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, pulmonary and respiratory diseases, gastroenterology, central nervous system and neurology.
Almac Group is a financially stable company with no venture capital investment and is committed to the long term development and growth of the organisation. All profit is reinvested into the business to continually improve its innovation, technology, capabilities and people. Group turnover is currently $½ billion and is experience consistent growth year on year.
The Almac Group’s vision clearly positions the organisation within the industry, aiming to be a leader in the generation of superior solutions for the advancement of human health.
The company’s core values define Almac’s fundamental set of principles and beliefs, focusing on:
• Inspirational people
• Superlative customer focus
• Exceptional innovation
• Sustainable financial performance
UK (Global Headquarters)
20 Seagoe Industrial Estate
T: +44 (0) 28 3833 2200
F: +44 (0) 28 3833 2299